Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence

Blog for the novel, "Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence," which is about a few years in the life of a musician and his personal and spiritual changes. The novel can be read at www.portraitofaseekerofessence.name. Please feel free to post comments on a chapter by chapter basis, before you've finished reading the entire novel. Please use reasonable language. Thanks - Russell Kolish, Author - Click on the lowest thread title on the left and ten additional titles will come up.

Sunday

T33 - WAINTS - C 10

WAINTS. If this is an anagram then it's driving me nuts! The best I can come up with is wastin' (if I'm willing to add a hyphen, which is against the rules of anagram solving - if Gableplunk can break the rules in his spiritual quest then I guess I, too, can take a liberty). If it's 'wastin', wasting, then G. might be saying that he feels that his life is being wasteful or that he's wasting, as in medical terminology, being very sick. Sick of his old life. Needs to change, etc... Or maybe the dream is a PORTENT of change: he feels that it has to do with disappearing. A part of him is disappearing, changing. He's changing.

In my own life I seem to be going through changes all the time. I'm sick of them, too, and I want nothing more than to feel like I have some stability in this world.

Another thing that's interesting is that Gableplunk says that the term is the girl's family name. A family name implies a history of generations. Maybe Gableplunk's habitual ways of behaving have been inherited from his family, what he learned from them or rather, from the history of his family whose behaviors and 'dynamics', to use a psychological term, go back generations and generations and unexamined generations... I wonder if some of the people in my own family examined their histories and I wonder what thoughts they had or what conclusions they came to. Does everyone have to do this in order to make some sense out of things?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johannes from New York

Wastin’. Yeah. I can feel it, too. Time passes and I’m not going anywhere. The thing is, I don’t exactly know where I want to go. So, I have this job (career) downtown, near Wall Street, and it’s paper pushing. With computers. Data movement. From one person to another, one firm to another. Sometimes I read people’s details and wonder why they made such and such string of buys and sells because it hasn’t worked out for them. Or it has. And that surprises me. But I soon
lose interest again. Can’t wait for lunch time.

I have to make some changes. Join a band like Gableplunk.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home