Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence

Blog for the novel, "Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence," which is about a few years in the life of a musician and his personal and spiritual changes. The novel can be read at www.portraitofaseekerofessence.name. Please feel free to post comments on a chapter by chapter basis, before you've finished reading the entire novel. Please use reasonable language. Thanks - Russell Kolish, Author - Click on the lowest thread title on the left and ten additional titles will come up.

Tuesday

T17 - Loss - C 5

I know a couple of people who lost their spouses after only a few years. They died in car accidents. My friends were emotionally dead for a couple of years. Memories seemed to be their companions and memorabilia their textures. After work they told me they'd come home and sit around with images of their partners floating through their minds. Each of them went through periods during which they’d caress and smell their partner’s clothes especially the favorite trademark items, the ones that hadn't been cleaned when they died. Pictures took my friends on constant journeys to places they’d been. Eventually they pulled out of their hypnotic depressions and became more or less normal again. Their grief was a strange process to watch. I don’t look forward to it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike from Nashville

When you’re prepared for loss it doesn’t hit you so hard but when you’re not it’s mind numbing.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhonda from Ottawa

It’s through loss and the creation of a new life that one realizes how small one is in the universe and how quickly life passes. One gets philosophical. I won’t miss anything when I die because there won’t be any ‘me’ to have feelings so I feel them now, while I still can.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walter from Miami

What if there’s guilt associated with loss? It eats away at you even when you’re not thinking about it.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice from Sacramento

Yes. What if you felt relieved when someone died? I wish I could have done more but reviewing everything over and over showed me that I couldn’t have.

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy from Columbus

I went to a Grief Counselor and he made me do just that. It was kind of like psychoanalysis. Talking about feelings, piecing lots of details together into a more comprehensive picture. I saw a movie about a mortician who senses dead peoples’ spirits and through those connections seems to experience a kind of timeless love. It moved me to tears but they weren’t tears of sadness or even happiness. They were tears of joy.

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackie from PA

Where oh where did my beauty go
Was it to hell or heaven?
When the time comes for me to join
I’ll go to be together

What if I fall in love again?
Who will I meet in heaven?
My first love or my second
Or my third or my fourth?
Will we all be together?

And what of their loves
And the loves of their loves?
Back and forth through time
Whenever it comes to take me along
Which of them will be mine?

So I think I’m alone again
Who will come to my rescue?
Everyone will
For that is the place
Where families dwell
And we all come together

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home