Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence

Blog for the novel, "Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence," which is about a few years in the life of a musician and his personal and spiritual changes. The novel can be read at www.portraitofaseekerofessence.name. Please feel free to post comments on a chapter by chapter basis, before you've finished reading the entire novel. Please use reasonable language. Thanks - Russell Kolish, Author - Click on the lowest thread title on the left and ten additional titles will come up.

Tuesday

T16 - Limpid Child - C 5

Clear - not muddled. You can get to this state as an adult through Dianetics or, as does Gableplunk, meditation. Children younger than thirteen and older than five have this state of mind when their minds are not cluttered with life's complications. I remember that sometimes I felt light hearted and happy during those years. I loved 'Limpid Child.' It made me feel hopeful and put me in touch with those feelings again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard from El Paso

I remember quite clearly my childhood years, ages three to fifteen-sixteen-seventeen. They were FULL of complications. “Limpid Child” is an idealization representing a child-like state that I for one never experienced. Now that I’m older I find it much
easier to enter into states like that than I did as a kid. So maybe the song has a truth to it. It’s a recommendation for adults to take a little time here and there and dwell in that peaceful space where everything is as clear as your mind is empty and your mood is cheerful.

I’ve heard that optimists are a little happier than pessimists and cynics but they’re not as knowledgeable. Intricacy of mind breeds frustrations but it’s almost impossible to give up if it’s your nature. Those ‘Limpid Child’ moments are a godsend.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home