Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence

Blog for the novel, "Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence," which is about a few years in the life of a musician and his personal and spiritual changes. The novel can be read at www.portraitofaseekerofessence.name. Please feel free to post comments on a chapter by chapter basis, before you've finished reading the entire novel. Please use reasonable language. Thanks - Russell Kolish, Author - Click on the lowest thread title on the left and ten additional titles will come up.

Tuesday

T13 - Reliance - C 4

What can you rely on? Not much. Ourselves of course if we've developed enough confidence. I, for one, took a lot of years to get to this stage. First I had to break my habit of being dependent on dependence. That got me nowhere. Then my trust in people had to go because of all the betrayals of one kind or another. This I replaced with a meta-trust, a belief that people as a whole are more good than bad. A kind of humanitarian optimism. Now that I feel relatively peaceful and no longer eaten alive by my insecurities and fears I think, 'Where do I go from here?'

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil from Houston (at the moment)

That’s pretty good. There’s always the question, ‘What’s next?’ In my case, boredom sets in after about a year. Whether it’s my job or my neighborhood, in some cases my friends, after about a year I feel the need for change. It seems that I can’t rely on externals for a sense of newness or rejuvenation because every time I make changes I’m only satisfied for a while. I guess that I ought to concentrate a little more on developing my inner self, develop a sense of inner excitement with myself or my ideas or a sense of spirituality that people talk about...... something internal that I can rely on for that sense of excitement and challenge that I search for when I make external changes, expecting life to be different, which it never turns out to be. Gotta give this some more thought.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home