Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence

Blog for the novel, "Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence," which is about a few years in the life of a musician and his personal and spiritual changes. The novel can be read at www.portraitofaseekerofessence.name. Please feel free to post comments on a chapter by chapter basis, before you've finished reading the entire novel. Please use reasonable language. Thanks - Russell Kolish, Author - Click on the lowest thread title on the left and ten additional titles will come up.

Tuesday

T8 - Loneliness And Approval - C 3

When I was younger I was lonely a lot. I can really identify with Gableplunk. He moves through his world not being able to really touch many of the people around him, at least early on in the book. He wonders about why he needs approval from other people. We all need approval from others whether it's about little things like our feelings or bigger things like our behaviors. If you need this approval too much, well, that can cause problems because then you have to ask yourself, 'Who am I living for?'

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bart from Seward

Loneliness is bittersweet. It’s bitter because it makes me wonder why I spend so much time alone. Am I not good enough? What do other people think of me? Clearly it can cause bitterness, a festering resentment about other people which of course doesn’t make me any more attractive. People seem to like me at work but I rarely connect outside of work. I have occasional dates but they don’t go anywhere. I’m not ugly but I’m not very exciting either. In fact sometimes I listen to my own mind and I’m surprised by its mundane concerns. I think that if I had more interests I might be able to meet people more often. As I’m writing this I’m struck by the number of times I use the word, ‘I.’ Where’s the ‘we?’ I like to read. Maybe there are on-line book discussions I could join. I don’t want to move to a big city. I’d feel lost there. I feel lost here. What’s the dif? Let’s see. Where did I put that Atlas?

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home