Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence

Blog for the novel, "Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence," which is about a few years in the life of a musician and his personal and spiritual changes. The novel can be read at www.portraitofaseekerofessence.name. Please feel free to post comments on a chapter by chapter basis, before you've finished reading the entire novel. Please use reasonable language. Thanks - Russell Kolish, Author - Click on the lowest thread title on the left and ten additional titles will come up.

Tuesday

T10 - Ambivalence - C 4

Judy said to me when I asked her whether she was feeling any ambivalence, "Ambivalence is a word near and dear to my heart. I'm getting married but I'm torn between my desire to get married because it seems that it'll be so fulfilling and repulsion from it because it seems that I'll be giving up so much to do it. Repulsion seems a strong word for giving up activities that have always brought me a wide ranging mixture of feelings and satisfactions, some good and some terrible, so I'll be giving up these things in favor of a better state or so I hope. But what if we end up disliking each other and get divorced in a few years? I know lots of people who loved each other before they were married and now don't. What am I getting into? Am I ready to give up on a lot of things I basically enjoy? What's going to happen? It all seems a crap shoot to me."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Franklyn from Billings

I was on vacation. It was tremendously relaxing and in a beautiful location. I wanted to stay longer, much longer, but I also wanted to go home where my tools and work are. If I'd had more money I could have stayed longer but wouldn’t have rid myself of my ambivalence because I still would have felt the emotional tug to go back to my regular environment where I’ve built a life that follows my interests. It’s important and necessary to relax but it’s more important to be involved in whatever it is that makes up the life you’ve built up unless, of course, you hate it. That’s a whole other story.

I enjoyed the Gableplunk book. It was perfect reading for a vacation.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home