Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence

Blog for the novel, "Portrait Of A Seeker Of Essence," which is about a few years in the life of a musician and his personal and spiritual changes. The novel can be read at www.portraitofaseekerofessence.name. Please feel free to post comments on a chapter by chapter basis, before you've finished reading the entire novel. Please use reasonable language. Thanks - Russell Kolish, Author - Click on the lowest thread title on the left and ten additional titles will come up.

Tuesday

T7 - Idyllic Living - C 3

I'd like to live like Gableplunk. On a mountainside, a few miles from a town. It would be nice. Peaceful. Quiet. Gableplunk's life appeals to me - going into town a couple of times a week to buy food or other things I need around the house or my workshop. Having a barn where I could keep a horse and some homeless cats. Once I lived in a commune out west for a year or so. I liked it but it got a little too politicized for my tastes. I enjoyed writing about Gableplunk's feelings about the countryside. They mirror my fantasies. I even share his enthusiasm for the city. I'm in favor of serene and idealistic lifestyles though who knows what the future will bring.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph from Portland

Stasis. The status quo. The desire to have things remain the same because of fear
of change. Change-o-phobia. Conservatism. I used to fear change when I was
younger but as I aged, because I became comfortable with change and experienced it
on many levels, personally and socially, it became easier to live with until one day I
realized that IT KEEPS ME FROM BEING BORED. Now I like it. I like all the
ethnicity of the major cities instead of being intimidated. I like the fast progress of
the sciences and embrace it and wait for each new issue of Scientific American. I
open my mind to change every new day and sometimes go to sleep summarizing my
changes that day and wondering about the changes that tomorrow will bring.
Whenever I’m tired or bored I can snap myself out of it by thinking about change and
the newness it will bring. Lest ye think I’m an idealist, I see that there are awful
changes, too, but for the most part when I contemplate change I try to feel the
metaphysics of it, the sensation of the motions of egolessness - like Gableplunk and
his feel for meditation. Change is like God, omnipresent, omniscient, able to be
experienced merely by thinking about it and sensing it. Can one create a Philosophy
based on the embracing of change? Probably not, because Philosophies have rules
which we must obey in order to take part in them but change has no rules, is
unexpected and more powerful than anything else we can imagine. Before we can
love life we must understand and accept change and be willing to be swept up in it.
The status quo is okay especially if you can make money from it but there’s nothing
like the rush of change to make you feel ALIVE. If you have that rush every day it’s
worth more than all the money in the world because you can’t take your money with
you when you die but as you die you can experience change as it’s happening and
then realize that it’s what’s always been happening and therefore be one with the
cosmos, the universal, even God if that’s what you want to call it.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlotte from Lumberport, W.VA

Sweet countryside, my home
Where my family and friends have shown
Their kind and loving spirits to me
Time after time
Sweet countryside where I first met
My beloved spouse, where we married
And raised our children to be fine
Men and women
Sweet countryside where we died
And were mourned by all we knew
Who loved us as we loved them,
Who come to visit us often
Where we lie in our sweet countryside

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home